ORAL CARE - Proper hygiene for your teeth and gums
Proper care of your teeth and gums requires regular dental hygiene therapy. This process involves the removal of dental plaque and tarter (calculus) from the teeth to prevent cavities, gum disease (gingivitis), and periodontal disease (bone loss).
Severe gum disease causes at least one-third of adult tooth loss. At Twilight Dentistry, you can expect the following dental hygiene treatment in our progressive, up-to-date dental practices:
- Full Intra-oral photo tour all of teeth
- Comprehensive periodontal examination and full gingival assessment
- Digital x-ray: either full-mouth series or specific x-rays of problem areas with considerably less radiation than standard x-ray film.
- Complete tooth cleaning
- Reduce scaling time with Laser Therapy
- Periodontal/gum therapy new Laser Technologies
- Decrease healing time when treating Periodontal/Gum infections with comfortable Laser Therapy
- Reduce the need for periodontal surgery with Laser Therapy
- Arestin® Therapy- Prescription antibiotic therapy that is injected directly into the dental pocket to kill the bacteria associated with periodontal disease
- The use of Periowave™ in the treatment of gum disease - an effective, minimally invasive, antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory treatment, used to inactivate the bacteria and toxins that are left behind after scaling
- Treatment of cold sores and mouth ulcers by early treatment with Laser Therapy
- Long lasting desensitization of your teeth
- Cavity detection with Laser Therapy that detects cavities in situations that x-rays may not pick up
- Pit & Fissure sealants when required
- Professional Polishing / Prophylaxis
- Professional Fluoride Treatments
- Professional Tooth Whitening
- Oravital- a non-invasive protocol used for screening, diagnosing and treating oral infections that lead to gingivitis, periodontal disease and bad breath
Laser Therapy and Digital x-rays are just two examples of how advancements in dental technology are helping maintain healthier, longer-lasting teeth at a time when people are living longer than at any other time in history.
Depending on the state of your oral health and hygiene, the dental hygienists at Twilight Dentistry will suggest an individualized recare frequency that suits your circumstances.
Dental treatment at Twilight Dentistry can be done either fully awake or under various degrees of sedation, for your added comfort and convenience.