Twilight Dentistry consistently strives to provide services in a way that respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. Twilight Dentistry is committed to ensuring that, those with disabilities receive services of the same quality that others receive, and when possible, accessible services are delivered in a timely manner.
Twilight Dentistry's Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Service Provision policy is in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and pursuant to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Twilight Dentistry believes that everyone should be treated with courtesy and respect and made to feel welcome whether a person's disability is apparent or not.
Twilight Dentistry is committed to giving people with disabilities the same opportunities to access our services and to allow them to benefit from the same services, in the same place, if possible, and in a similar manner as other patients of our office. If needed, we will work with persons with disabilities to assist them in identifying alternative means to access the dental services they require. We will use reasonable effort to ensure that its policies, practices and procedures are consistent with the principles of dignity, independence and equal opportunity by:
- Respecting the dignity and independence of persons with disabilities;
- Taking into account individual needs when providing services;
- Communicating in a manner that takes into account the patient's disability;
- Accommodate persons with disabilities who use assistive device or require a support person to accompany and assist them;
- Giving persons with disabilities equal opportunities that is given to others to obtain, use and benefit from the dental services available in our dental office.
Feedback about Twilight Dentistry's Accessible Service Provision Policy or its implementation can be submitted:
- Online by completing the feedback form on our Contact Us page
- In person to the Office Manager at any one of our office locations
- By telephone to the Regional Supervisor: Melissa Rubinoff, (416) 994-0238
- By mail to the Twilight Dentistry Home Office, 5 Oakley Place North York, Ontario M2P 2G3
All feedback will be reviewed for possible action by the Twilight Dentistry's Human Resources Department, while ensuring the individual's privacy will be respected at all times be respected. Those offering feedback should expect acknowledgement of their feedback within 1 week or five business days of its receipt.
For additional information, please see our AODA policy, which is available in writing at any one of our offices.